Facilities and Services

On 9/30 my partner and I checked into the Staybridge Suites of ATL Perimeter Center. We were so excited since we were long distance couple.

On 10/1 we noticed strange charge was put to the credit card: Hotel has charged $500 for smoking cigarette inside the room.

We drove 2 hours to speak to the manager and their staff.

Ms. E, who is no longer with the hotel, was an absolutely nightmare.

We requested photo or to see if we could walk together to the room for investigation/ inspection and she said "we do not have any proof, no photos, nothing. House keeper is gone for the day by the way." Mind you this is 2PM. Despite the fact that there was no evidence of smoking whatsoever, they refused to take off the charge.

What really made me mad was Ms. E's attitude.

This was my first time charged with something unreasonable so I asked her for help and asked what can I do if there is no evidence they could show me and she said "you can dispute with the credit card company if you would like but I do not have anything."

The case has closed and hotel won the case so I called today, nine months later, asking for evidence of the picture of anything and the GM still refused to show me picture. She said "there is no picture."

Without evidence how do you prove someone has smoked inside the room?

I spoke to corporate IHG senior manager also and they are saying the same thing. That the case is close there is nothing they could do.

I spend about $2000 on a hotel a year not only because I am in a long distance relationship but because I love staying at a hotel where I could meet people and enjoy the time. I am an educated person who has common sense knowing almost all hotels have very strict smoking policy and they have smoke detector. Who smokes inside a hotel?

This experience absolutely made me hate and afraid staying at any hotel because I cannot help but keep thinking they could accuse me with anything if they would like to.

I just want to warn everyone who visit this hotel. Credit card company would not reopen the case because it's been closed. I am not going to pay $500 and I am going to fight for my right because the truth is I did not smoke and merchant does not have any evidence.

Product or Service Mentioned: Staybridge Suites Manager.

Reason of review: Billing Issue.

I didn't like: Customer service, Billing, Management, Policy.

Comments

zTickedoff58

did you contact your credit card company? Your doctor can also attest you are non smoker.

Choice Home Warranty really sucks. Want someone to wait 5 weeks to fix a washer! Then when the repair man comes who knows if it will be approved to even repair it.

Bookcrazy
to Susan Baker #1500195

What does this have to do with Staybridge Suites?

Your complaint is far too long to read in its entirety. Why would you drive 2+ hours in hopes of confronting the person(s) responsible for the disputed charge ?

This should have all been handled in writing, served via Certified Mail return receipt requested from the very beginning. It should never have reached the point you describe which is the direct result of your improper handling of your defense.